7.12.2009

One Month From Now...

I have always had this habit of thinking "One month from now I will be __________." And today I entertained my little habit by filling in the blank.

One month from now.... Our new home will be in Knoxville, Chris will be starting graduate school, and I will still be in Columbia. *Big Sigh*

It never crossed my mind that I would feel so sad. I keep telling myself that I shouldn't get so bent out of shape. People go through far worse times of separation. War causing one of the greatest times of separations for couples and families. So, I've managed to start routines that keep me busy. I do Zumba classes Monday and Wednesday and home health steadily on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I plan on picking up more patients once Chris is gone. Unfortunately, as much as I enjoy all of these things... I find myself just plain worn out!

I'm just going to have to retrain my habit to say "Four months from now I will be.... in Knoxville, living in a beautiful house with all of our things that make home feel like home, working a cool new job *crossing fingers*, and most importantly in the arms of my best friend in the whole wide world."

Sorry for the Debbie Downer moment. With all of that aside, here is what has been happening in a 5 point bullet format:
  • We spent 4th of July weekend in Knoxville & NC - had fun with family & friends
  • We spent this past weekend doing wedding festivities for Chris' brother & new sis in law
  • Chris is teaching cello lessons & playing for the veterans at the VA nursing home
  • We're packing boxes... and more boxes!
  • We're doing great, loving life, and feeling incredibly blessed and thankful.

No comments: