1.10.2010

Cloe


It's been a little while since our last post. I really don't think anyone reads this, but at least it is fun for Chris and I to look back and see the progress of our lives. Comment if you're out there :-)


We are adding a member to our family. Her name is Cloe. I was able to sweet talk our landlord into owning a small pet since Chris is going to be gone for most of the summer (anticipating music festivals). I have always wanted to adopt a pet since the ASPCA commercials started. You know, the ones that make you cry? Yeh. So I googled animal shelters in the area. We found the Young-Williams Animal Center. It is an amazing facility with the most caring staff. We filled out an extensive application and were approved to adopt Cloe, a 4 year old black and white cat. She was a stray when she was rescued. She is already declawed and fixed. She will stay at the center for the next few days while they update her shots and screen her for any complications. We did not have to pay a single cent for our dear Cloe either! An individual paid for her adoption (along with many other adult cats) in hopes to protect her from being put to sleep. We decided to pay it forward and donate in memory of Chris' cat Spartacus Gratton. Hehe. We've been prepping our home and have everything ready to go. At first, we were set on a kitten. After meeting Cloe and another adult cat named Bella, Chris made up his mind that kittens would go like hot cakes and it was more important to save one of these sweet adult cats. With a few more minutes of holding and getting to know Cloe, I couldn't have agreed more! We'll keep you posted on how the transition goes, and I'm sure pictures will soon follow.


We had a wonderful Christmas with family. We stayed with Chris' parents for a couple days and my parents for a couple days. We had a great opportunity to visit with my brother and his wife (soon to be parents of a baby girl). I was able to see one of my dearest friends from Washington state and eat at Groucho's at Five Points (oh the college memories). And I had an excellent time doing a little shopping therapy with my favorite mother-in-law. It was sad to leave, but Chris and I are the best of road trip buddies and enjoyed the mountain and snow filled ride home!


Otherwise, Chris starts school back on Wednesday. He's been a world of help here at home during his break. I started a PRN job on Fridays and absolutely love the patients! It is an inpatient rehab setting, mostly geriatrics. My Mon-Thurs full-time job is fabulous. I love my co-workers and love working with kids - which is no surprise.


We are well. We are embracing 2010 and all of it's hidden surprises.

2 comments:

Jennifer K. said...

I read....

Unknown said...

Hi friend!
I am here!
So glad you got a kitty. They are the best.
Hope you are doing well my "LOST" friend!