11.29.2009

Happy Turkey Day


Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!
Hope all is well. Everything is going good here. We stayed in Knoxville since Chris had a ton of studying and practicing to do for upcoming exams and board. It actually worked out to both of our benefit. My immune system has been inundated by the kiddy krud; yeh, I've been told by colleagues that the first year of working in pediatrics = feeling the funk. It was nice to sleep in for the past 3 mornings. We were able to do some of our normal weekend traditions like making pancakes, Target runs, and cruising the area with no where to be.
We had a great Thanksgiving dinner with 2 cellists from Texas and 2 violinist from Brazil. We cooked up our very first 17 lb turkey, macaroni & cheese, pineapple cassserole, greenbean casserole, creamed sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and croissants. After dinner we wasted 2.5 hours of life by seeing the movie 2012 (I was out-voted by 4 guys... I guess I'll see Blindside on DVD). The graphics were amazing but the scenario was pretty far fetched!
Today, Chris and I picked out a beauty of a Christmas tree at Home Depot. I'll try and remember to post some pics later. The month of December will be rather busy. All in all Chris and I are happy to be together. It's great living with your best friend on a full-time basis :-)

No comments: